Join us in creating the programme
Finland’s centenary celebration is a joint effort. Have you got a project that could be included in the Finland Centenary Programme? Applications are received up to autumn 2017. This site provides instructions and requirements for the implementation of the projects and for cooperation with partner companies.
A project included in the programme need not always be an event. It can also be, for instance, a development project, a work or a campaign.
- Most of the project is implemented during 2017.
- The core theme in its realisation and content is ‘Together’.
- The link to independent Finland is to be clearly highlighted.
- In case of an annually recurring event, the content of the 2017 centenary year should be consistent with the year’s theme.
- The main content is not the sale of a product or service (additional information about the separate channel for corporate cooperation is available at the end of the page).
Think about the following before completing the online form
Is there anybody engaged in the same line of work with whom to join forces to make the project even more impressive? Or would this be an excellent opportunity to approach somebody engaged in a completely different field to bring a new angle to the project? Who could you file a joint application with?
From what perspective will your project approach the Centenary Year theme of ‘Together’? For example, the theme could be realised through a new type of cooperation, broad-based participation or joint efforts. The project could promote a community spirit or bring together a wide range of different target groups. The project may not be exclusive or discriminatory.
How does your project relate to Finland’s independence, its history, present day or future?
More specifically, we are looking for proposals underling one or more of the following aspects:
- Birth and development of Finland’s independence
- Special strengths of Finnish society
- Finnish identity and landscape
- Deeds and shapers of the future
- Finland in the world
- Shared moments in 2017
- Gifts to the centenarian
Apply to the centenary programme. Your project could be the jewel in the crown of 100-year-old Finland! Start by reading about the programme requirements and examining the agreement to join the Finland 100 programme.